Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Totally Pigged Out Saturday

I weighed in on Saturday and I lost another 1lb making my total 6lbs. This felt great because while I increased my exercise I did go off the diet when I was in MD last weekend. I was pleased.

Well, I don't know what the hell got into me Saturday night but I really "got it in." My cousin Kesha gave her husband a party for his 40th birthday. I got my hair done Saturday (I love the way my new cut frames and accents my face), wore some hot black petal pushers, a very sexy and flattering blouse, and some sexy high heeled sandals-- I was sexy as hell when I stepped out of my house. I was also riding my 6lb weigh loss and feeling good. I knew I was going to eat at the party but I did not know I would totally lose control. As soon as I got in the door, I washed my hands and went straight to the buffet table where I was met by-- greens, fried chicken, fried shrimp the size of large meatballs, ribs, mac and cheese, rice and peas, potato salad, lasagna, barbecue chicken, and hot wings. I put a little of everything on my plate except lasagna and rice and peas. Mind you there were two types of fried chicken--West Indian style made by my aunt Lucy, and regular fried wingettes, fried by Kesha; I had both types. There was also lemon filled cake and walnut cake, a table full of candy-- starbursts, almond joys, peanut butter cups, chips, doritos, salsa, tortilla chips, dip and a never ending bowl of M&Ms. I had a little of everything except the chips. Oh, I also had cocoa bread and a beef pattie. Yeah I was getting it in for sure.

I had one can of Pepsi and one 16ounce drink mixed with Cruzan Rum, Alize, Patron, Grey Goose, Coquito, cranberry and some other stuff I didn't see go in the cup-- and if you know me, you know I am not a drinker. I asked a friend to make me something good and he made me something "real damn good." They were taking bets on me finishing the drink. I finished it and was through-- it was a wrap for me. I partied until the next day and did not get home until 10:00am Sunday-- no sleep. Yes, Clayton was at work -- far from the scene of my many crimes.

I slept all day and night Sunday and woke up dizzy this afternoon; 12:15. At around 2:00pm I began to think about everything I put in my mouth Saturday night and I felt a little bad but hey I'm only human. I'm back on track and vowing to do an extra workout each day to make up for my behavior on Saturday. Self-deprivation-- I'M BACK!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. smetimes u have 2 treat yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw where you visited my blog. Thanks for the encouragement. I really do think that this could be fun for me and the voters. Stop back whenever you can, and I'll do the same for you.

    GuineaPigDiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it seems like you had a great time. This might not seem like the best advice, but I say if you're going to fall off the wagon, fall ALL the way. Do hang off the side. The pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly what I did-- I fell ALL the way off the wagon. I'm back though-- legs hurting, but aching but still working it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day of indulgence isn't bad. I'm proud of you for getting back on track and adding that extra workout. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete