Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Over a Year Later

Okay, so it's over a year later and I am the same weight. While, I'm the same weight my health is not the same. Every year that I walk around with this extra weight places me a greater risk for heart disease, diabetes (I am pre-diabetes now), high blood pressure, various cancers and a host of other life threatening issues. Plus, I'm not a mother yet and the weight and my current physical condition do not support my desire to one day have children of my own. There are many many many reasons for me to change the way I've been living my life. I am starting over once again and while I am not at all happy to be in this place once again the blessing is that I am able to go at it again for a second, no third, nah fourth... well you know what I'm saying. The blessing is that it is not too late to reposition myself. I am excited once again and eager to get deep into this journey.

I've been working out for over a week and eating more fruit, veggies and fiber for that same time. I've been cooking and tonight I went and got myself a magic bullet smoothie machine. I am so geeked up about this purchase. I plan to become a smoothie making monster in here. I used to make them all the time when I was running and living in Georgia.

The ability to reposition and start anew is great gift; if we were not able to recreate, renew, reposition, rebuild, rejuvenate, renovate, rehabilitate then surely we would die. We would kill our physical and spiritual selves, this I am certain of. While I appreciate this gift I am confident that I do not want to be here again. A year from now I do not want to be in this same place, writing about the same thing (starting over again). I will succeed this time.

I've made this promise to myself. " I am going to succeed. I am going to achieve all of my diet, lifestyle and exercise goals. They are going to become a permanent part of me and my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment