I decided that I would stick to one simple workout routine for 20 days. They say 20 days makes a habit. I selected a very simple, moderate impact routine that could be done right here in my living room. I'm going to do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds- 2-Mile. I did it yesterday, but I didn't do it today. In my defense, I just decided to embark on the 20 days makes a habit challenge a few minutes ago. Tomorrow, will be my day one. In addition to the walk away, I plan to do a 20 minute upper body weight training routine three days a week. Tomorrow is my day one for that too. Each day I will begin the day with 10 minutes of yoga or meditation.
I have been having trouble sleeping lately and I think my exercising had something to do with it--- that coupled with the stress of unemployment. Well, I'm not unemployed anymore so that stress is gone; if I still can't sleep, it may be the exercise. Working out anytime after 3pm has always been a problem for me. I get so amped up that I can't bring it back down enough to really get sleep when I work out late in the day. I plan to begin as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. First-- morning meditation, or yoga and then my walk and 20 minute routine if applicable.
I am excited about this journey but I know that the only way this is going to truly work for me is if I change the way I live--- not go on a diet. I've been watching Dr. Oz and researching some things. I decided to make some small changes but I figured the easiest way to ensure that I stick to them was going to be by looking at what I enjoy eating and drinking and finding healthier alternatives. Some examples include:
----I love hot drinks-- coffee/chai tea/ STARBUCKS!!!!-- these drinks are either full of caffeine, sugar and/or fat-- NO GOOD FOR ME. They are fine if consumed in moderation but that is not the way I was consuming them. I started drinking tea with every meal. First I just got some Celestial Seasonings and had a cup of tea with or after each meal. Then I saw Dr. Oz talk about the benefits of Japanese diets and they mentioned a green tea powder, Matcha that is loaded with antioxidants, fights cancer and helps improve moods-- depression. I decided to trade my Celestial Seasonings for Matcha and so far so good. I drink a cup with every meal.
----Another example is Fiber. Everything says if I increase my fiber intake I will have greater success with my weight loss so I decided to begin buying foods that were either naturally fiber rich or fortified with fiber. This was easy-- they have bread, Splenda, and pasta that is fortified with fiber. I am also eating more veggies and fruit.
I've made a few more changes that I'll update everyone up on some other time but right now I'm adopting a KISS strategy to my final weight loss journey-- Keep it Simple Sister!!! Small simple changes to my daily routines and diet that will become total lifestyle changes in no time. I am concentrating on these changes, becoming mindful of them and holding myself accountable to them.
I am totally geeked up about this new life I'm carving out for myself. My goals are to be healthier, happier, thinner and improve self awareness. This is a great time for me!!! I am believing that my new life is going to be my best one yet!!!
Sounds GOOD!!!! I like it KISS
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm loving it and it's working. I'm sticking to it so far with no problem.
ReplyDeleteUmmmm you need to update :)
ReplyDelete