Monday, October 4, 2010

I Kept My Word!!!

Okay, I haven't updated this blog since Friday or it may have been Thursday. Just to recap, I had my oral surgery on Friday morning, so I woke up very early and made sure I did my workout routine-- walk, weight lifting and meditation. I took Tylenol with codine for the pain so I was totally out of it Friday night and Saturday for most of the day. I woke up late but I got my Saturday workout in, later than usual but I did it all. I was feeling good about my progress so far. I was two days in and so far so good. I was keeping my word-- I would work out 20 days, the same workout-- because 20 days makes a habit. Then Sunday came.

So, I can say that I was still on medication-- amoxicillian and ibuprofen pm. Plus, I had two or maybe three glasses of wine on Saturday night. That combination of drugs and alcohol added to the fact that I went to bed at about 2:00 am really knocked me out. When I finally woke up at 12:00 pm on Sunday afternoon I was immediately OFF TRACK! I had planned a beautiful Sunday. I was going to hit Flushing Meadows Park-Hall of Science for the farmers market before 11:00 am, then 11:15 am service at New Life followed by my knitting meet up at Knit Cupcake in Brooklyn. Oh, I was also going to get to the bank before they cosed at 3:00 pm and I was going to pay the dog sitter for Alfreda. That means I planned on visiting my baby, Alfreda; I only saw her once over the whole summer and I really wanted to see my baby. I actually wanted to bring her home. BUT-- I was OFF TRACK!!! So I thought about all I planned to do including my workout and I realized I needed to make some quick decisions.

I am usually pretty reliable when others are counting on me, however when I am relying on myself, I don't always come through. I make all kinds of promises to myself -- workout more, eat better, get Alfreda, visit my grandmother, read my bible more, pray more, get a hobby, go out more, enjoy life-- the list goes on and on. Well, I decided that it was time for me to keep my words and promises to myself. I thought about the day I had planned and decided to do as much as I had scheduled. That meant that I would need to cancel my workout. BAD NEWS!! I decided that I would double up by doing my workout routine one morning and one evening within the next few days. This means I would not be sticking to my 20 days but I would be doing 20 workouts in 20 days. This made perfect sense to me and enabled me to GO LIVE LIFE.

So, instead of working out I got up, made my brunch, went to the bank, drove to Brooklyn and learned to knit, went to 6:00 pm service at New Life, went to Trader Joe's (not exactly Farmer's Market), went to pay Sandra the dog sitter and was able to visit my baby Alfreda, then I went to Stop and Shop and my last stop was home. I got home and ate dinner-- tuna steak with a huge butter and bib salad. I then tried my hand a knitting again-- let's just say I need a lot of practice. Which I plan on getting every Wednesday and Sunday.

Today, I woke up at minutes to 3:00 pm. I still got it together in here and worked it out! The routine I'm sticking to for the next few weeks. When I finished, I got myself ready to get my dog and bring her home. First, I had to go get Alfreda a new collar because she got so fat she could not fit her old one. Then I went and got my baby. It's been a year since she's been home but she is home tonight. She will stay here for two nights and then go back to the dog sitter on Wednesday before I go back to work. I will get her on Friday evening and she'll stay home this weekend. Eventually, this will be her home again.

I feel GREAT!!! I kept my word to myself and I kept my word to Sandra. I told her I would pick Alfreda up and I did. Alfreda is home!!! I am BACK ON TRACK and I plan to stay ON TRACK!!! I plan to keep my word to myself first at all times. If I don't start doing that consistently I can just hang it all up. I plan to be a better me all around and the only way I can do that is by being a woman of my word AT ALL TIMES!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm VERY happy that Alfreda is back...even if it's for only two days a week. I'm also very proud of you for sticking to your work-out routine!

    ReplyDelete