I meant to post this e-mail that I sent to friend's and family last Monday.
Great Evening All
I know you all are tired of me talking about my Bikram practice BUT I CAN'T STOP. I just have to share my experience this evening. I missed class for 8 days because of holiday parties, holiday concerts and holiday hanging so I expected to have a terrible class today. My favorite instructor was off today so I made sure to go to a class with an instructor I enjoy. I opted for the 6:00PM with Vivien. I enjoy her class, she knows me well, shows genuine interest in everyone's practice and makes me laugh.
I arrived to class about 20 minutes early so I had ample time to relax in the heated room and practice peaceful meditation. Though my meditation was anything but peaceful. I was considering all of the eating I had done over the past eight days-- fast food (both burger chains), drinking liquor, sweets and I did not pack my lunch or second breakfast all last week. I just knew the class was going to be horrible. I laid there thinking about how I would feel when I had to do standing backward bending and the dreaded Camel. I was pleasantly surprised when the opening breathing exercise did not bother me; I remember thinking this isn't bad at all. Usually, when I retox (bad eating or drinking --I've never done both to this extent-- 8 days) the opening breathing exercise is BAD.
The class was perfect, Vivien gave me plenty of compliments and came over to my mat and whispered something about how much my practice has improved. After class, I took my savasana and got right up- I was not dizzy. Oh, Camel didn't make me feel like I was going to hurl and that was amazing because the day after Thanksgiving was MY WORST Camel and I was practicing over a week straight at that time.
Okay, I'm about to bring this long story to a close. Class was over and two young sisters (one thin and one very thick) were in the lobby as I was getting my things and the thin one asked me how long I was practicing. I told her I had been practicing since May. She said she was following my lead during class and could not believe how flexible I was. Then her friend said, "Your commercial motivated me to come back to my second class." Today was their fourth day of Bikram. I asked her where she saw the commercial and she said it was on the web-site. I remembered filming but I didn't know what they were going to do with the commercial.
DISCLAIMER: I LOOK TERRIBLE it was filmed after class and I know I look mean in the class. I'm just focusing on my practice. Also, update since the filming I lost 5 pounds. I wear a baggy, belted size medium and 10 for bottoms and large for tops. I can't even tell you what size my boobs are but they have gone down.
Anyway, I'm almost done. If I haven't dragged you to a Bikram class yet and you are here in the tri-state area, know that I will be dragging you some time early in the new year. If you are not near me and I don't visit you soon, please try Bikram at least once. It will change your mind, body and soul. It will change your world! I am taking my Aunt Lucy, Grandma, and two cousins to Bikram before my birthday. There is great healing energy in the room.
Okay, enjoy the commercial- I begin at 49 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_uP8iSGOg&context=C343a65bADOEgsToPDskLMPUbR5x711S6iybUI0Glr
Info on Bikram- Tomoko is my favorite instructor!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64NOtjRt04o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
No comments:
Post a Comment