Monday, October 13, 2014

7 Day Juice Fast

So it's been forever since I posted anything on this blog. There have been so many ups and downs with my health, diet, weight, and exercise. I'm trying my hand at this again because I think it will help with my accountability. Time will tell...


Yesterday, I started a seven day juice fast. I've done a seven day juice fast before but this one is a little different. In the past I prepared all of my juices for my fasts and at some point I became discouraged with the preparation or at least that's the excuse I gave myself. I decided to try something a little different this time around. I purchased a 7 day juice fast from Groupon for Khepra's Raw Food Juice Bar in Washington, DC  http://kheprasrawfoodjuicebar.com/     I picked up my juice for the first four days yesterday, (they wanted me to take three days of juice but I couldn't make it back until Wednesday) I'll go back on Wednesday and pick up the juice for the remaining three days. For this fast, I drink six, sixteen-ounce bottles of fresh fruit and vegetable juices and all of the water that I can stand.  So far, I'm behind a bit. Yesterday, I couldn't finish one bottle of juice. I just couldn't drink anymore but today I will do better. I will drink all of my juice and water. I will also drink the bottle I didn't have last night.


 What have I noticed in the past 26 hours or so? I was really tired yesterday and today. I slept in
yesterday but today I made myself get up for prayer and then get up and straighten up the house, take care of my pug, take a quick walk and then get to work. It's Columbus day so my office was closed but I am worked remotely. Outside of being tired I had a slight headache yesterday and today and I've been craving something warm to drink. It's a gloomy, Fall day, cloudy and misty rain so I may be craving something warm and creamy because of the weather. I haven't noticed any other changes but it's only the second day. I decided to do this fast for a number of reasons and I know that in the end I'll feel and look better so I'm ready for the side effects of the detox. Recently, I've been really suffering from my allergies and I'm full of mucus. I know that I'll have some relief in a few short days so I'm sticking it out and if all goes as well as I think it will I will extend this fast.


ONE DAY DOWN SIX TO GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment