Ten days in and still going strong with relatively no problems. It sort of becomes easier each day but then one day I'll get a really strong urge to eat something, anything. That's when I drink more juice or get a stick of gum and that feeling passes on. It's not easy not eating but it's not a constant challenge either. This experience has highlighted just how much mindless eating I do daily. I don't need more than half of the food I typically eat daily. Hopefully, when this is all over this will stick with me and help me to make smarter food choices.
I am beginning to consider how I'm going to transition back to eating whole foods and what role live-juices can realistically play in my life daily. Right now I'm almost cheating with the fast because I'm not preparing the juices myself. This makes it so much easier for me to stay focused on the fast and not have to worry about the time and energy it would take for me to juice daily on my own.
Initially, I purchased a 7 day juice fast from Groupon for Khepra's Raw Food Juice Bar and by the second day I decided that I wanted to go for a full 30 days. My initial purchase was $175 and you also pay taxes of $27 when you pick up the juice (a great bargain). Without a Groupon I would pay twice that amount. I couldn't afford that. So I looked for a mail order option and found a three day juice cleanse for two people on Groupon from Ouri's Fruit (Juice in the Raw). The cleanse was $169 plus $58 for shipping to my front door. This would get me through 13 days, almost half way through. There would be two days between when my juice would be delivered and me finishing the first seven days of juice. I supplemented by purchasing fresh juice from Wegman's and some cold pressed juice from Traded Joes. So I ended up with enough juice for 15 days. I went back on Groupon and got another 14 day fast for Khepra's for about $314.
Purchasing the juice makes this fast really doable for me for 30 days but moving forward I'd have to begin to juice at home to incorporate a green juice into my daily meal plans. I'll just have to dust off the Breville or Cuisinart and get to juicing every three days. If I decide to replace one meal a day with a green juice I could juice twice a week and have enough juice or I could juice once a week and freeze four days of juice. Either way, it's very doable without taking up too much time and energy.
I notice something new almost every other day. On Day 10 I noticed that my usually oily skin (facial) is no longer oily. I have a nice glow all day but I'm not shinning from excess oil on my skin. I typically stay away from facial makeup because my skin is so oily that I end up looking really shinny and eye shadow creases, almost runs, and smudges. I like this, not having oily skin!
No comments:
Post a Comment