I'm actually on day three but I'm reporting out on day two. Yesterday was a breeze. I wasn't hungry at all and the low grade headache that I had on Sunday didn't come back. I'm not having too many detox symptoms yet and I'm not really sure why. I had been eating all types of dairy and baked goods prior to this fast and actually had very little fruit and vegetables in the days leading up to this fast, so I'm expecting the symptoms to come on soon. In the past when I did a juice fast I ate raw for a few days prior to beginning; things may get really bad in the next day or two. Things have been going so good on this fast that I've decided to extend this fast from seven days to twenty-one days. Crazy, I know!
One of the reasons I decided to start this fast was because I was having so many problems with my allergies. Every night and every morning for the past few weeks I've been full of mucus-- throat, nose, eyes-- totally congested. My throat and ears had been itching and I'd been feeling really bad. When I went on my first juice fast I remember that maybe four days in I had NO MUCUS!!!! I felt totally clear and for the first time ever I was waking up without eye boogers. I loved it! Last night I didn't have to take any allergy meds, I was able to get to sleep, and I noticed that I have less mucus but it's still here.
The one thing that did begin yesterday was the diarrhea. It wasn't really diarrhea, it was just one very watery, loose bowel movement. I expect more of them and I've actually decided that I will begin giving myself enemas every few days to help get the detoxification going. While there are many reasons I embarked on this fast, the primary reason is DETOXIFICATION!!! I know that most of the mucus, inflammation and stomach problems that I have are all a direct result of my poor food choices and toxins. I will begin to detox in the Bikram studio in a few days. I really wanted to focus on the juice for the first few days and see how my body was adjusting before adding any exercise. I need the heat from the Bikram studio to assist in eliminating the toxins so that's my next step.
Let's see, what else for day two? Nothing much. I smelled some good food while I was out and about yesterday, (Famous Daves BBQ) and I wasn't tempted. Day two was an overall good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment