So yesterday was my third day and all went very well. I woke up with less mucus, didn't get hungry throughout the day and I began to make a conscious effort to drink more water. Still no real detox symptoms during the day but I'm sure they'll be here in a day or two.
Shortly after my second bottle of juice I went to the bathroom and my urine was dark. Too dark. I'm used to almost clear urine. That was a clear indication that I needed to increase my water intake. It's difficult because I'm already drinking 96 ounces of juice, I have to travel to and from work, and I actually have to work; all of the liquid keeps me running to the bathroom. I decided to try to take some water with each bottle of juice. I was watching some youtube videos and folks say you should take equal amounts of juice and water. This will be a major challenge for me but I'm trying. Since one of the primary reasons for this juice fast is detox I need to flush the toxins out of my system and water is the only thing that will get the job done.
I mentioned yesterday that I would begin taking enemas to aid in the detoxification. I've done a great deal of reading on the benefits of taking enemas while juice fasting and decided that I would make it a routine process and take one every other day. That decision was made before I actually gave myself the enema. Now the reality is this wasn't my first enema. I have Crohn's disease and I've had to prepare for my annual colonoscopy since 2001. So this was supposed to be a breeze. NOT!!!
Since the plan was to take an enema every other day I purchased an enema bag and two gallons of distilled water. I warmed two cups of distilled water in the microwave and then cooled it with one cup of room temperature distilled water, I dissolved some sea salt and added the juice of one lime. I don't know if it's because I'm already detoxing or what, but I was unable to hold the water for long each time I tried and then when it was time to release I felt tingling in my feet and legs. Actually, it was more than tingling, my legs and feet became very weak, my legs felt like rubber, the way they feel after a great orgasm. The only problem was -- NO ORGASM! LOL! I released a lot of mucus and bile. I felt so dirty and weak afterward that I took a nice hot shower. When I walked out of the bathroom I felt like I wouldn't be able to hold myself up for long. I ended up laying it down and reading my bible a while before officially turning in.
While I didn't have any detox symptoms yesterday, I didn't sleep well at all last night. The first two days I slept very well but last night I kept waking up to go to the bathroom and the really interfered with my sleep. It's because I increased my water intake. Hopefully, this will get better as time moves along.
No comments:
Post a Comment