Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 13

I don't have anything at all to report. Things are moving right along, no major developments. The only real issue I have is I am missing social events.  Everything we do involves food so I'm not going out anyplace.  Even my shopping involves food -- eating crap at the mall, going to the trendy super market with all of the hot food bars, or just going to SAM's or Costco's and loading up on free samples.  I was toying with the idea of seeing a movie today but we are so conditioned to have that hot buttered popcorn with a movie that I decided to stay home.  It's a bit isolating but I'll deal. I'm noticing that I'm reading and meditating more than ever and I keep watching movies like Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and Forks Over Knives.

Oh, The Man and my roommate are also fasting so that's making it easier. I don't have to cook for him and I don't have to smell her food. One night, I think my second day into the fast, my roomie cooked some salmon (and I'm picky about my salmon) but it SMELLED DIVINE!  She almost broke me that night but I pushed through and I'm glad I did. While the weight is dropping off ( about a pound a day) one of the immediate benefits of this fast is reinforcement of how powerfully strong the mind is.  After the first three or four days I think this thing was totally mental. I am believing that this fast is renewing and strengthening my mind and helping me to see that I have the power to have enough self control to have a healthy, functional relationship with food.


No comments:

Post a Comment