When I woke up in the morning I had a terrible allergy attack. Mucus was everywhere and I was constantly sneezing; nose and ears itching complete with watery red eyes. I couldn't understand what had happened. I decided to make a huge pot of ginger tea because I did not want to take any allergy medication. I sipped tea for about two hours and then all of the allergy symptoms went away. It was strange because I hadn't had any bad allergy symptoms since I started the fast.
I thought about what could have triggered that type of reaction and figured that it might be the cranberry juice I'd had the day before. Out side of a stick of gum and water it was the only thing I'd had that wasn't a fresh- living juice, fresh coconut water and nut milks. I'm not sure but I think it was the juice, it had artificial flavors and colors and a whole lot of sugar. Or it could have just been something in the air. In any event, that was the morning and early afternoon of day eight.
Nothing else eventful happened on day 8. I keep forgetting to note that one of the other "side effects" of this fast/ detox is feeling cold ALL THE TIME. This is especially bad for me as I am anemic and I am always cold already. I literally stayed on the sofa two covers, in PJs, thick socks, and a robe for most of the day trying to get warm. I also put the heat up to 78 degrees. It was chilly out at 50 some odd degrees but it wasn't that cold. I toyed with the idea of lighting a fire but I didn't want everyone else to really suffer because I'm on a juice fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment