One week down, three weeks and two days to go! I'm feeling really good about this fast. In the first week I'm down 9 pounds, have less mucus, less allergies, even softer ,and I wake up refreshed and ready for my day. I'm no longer dragging myself out of the bed. While I have yet to get that "renewed energy" some folks get, I'm pleased with these initial results.
On day seven I decided that I needed to kick this detox up a notch so I went to a Korean Spa in Baltimore County, Seoul Spa . I love the place, you pay about $30 and get the use of a number of Saunas, baths and poultice rooms. There was groupon available so I only paid $17. Since I had been juicing for a week I didn't think I should stay in the heated rooms for an extended period of time. The plan was to hit one of the dry heated rooms for 20 minutes, a steam room for 20 minutes, and then bathe and leave. I kind of stuck to the plan. I stayed in the dry heat for a bout 35 minutes, the steam room for about 10 minutes and them I showered and left.
The detox was immediate. I decided I would not leave the dry heat until I had sweat pouring from my entire body. I took a book in the room with me and alternated between reading and just laying out in the heat. My book was soaking wet when I walked out of the room but I felt great. I sat in one of the comfortable massage chairs for a while and then went on to the steam. I dipped in the hot bath with the big tea bag (yes, tea bag) in it first. Then on to the steam. I prefer the dry heat and since I dipped in the hot bath I couldn't really tell how much I was sweating and how much was just wet skin. I left rather quickly, showered, dressed and prepared to leave.
As soon as I walked out to the main hallway and the cool air hit me I felt weak. I went into the Spa's restaurant and ordered a water and cranberry juice (my first non- fresh, non- living juice). I quickly downed the juice, then the water, and left. When I got into the car I drank the green juice that I brought with me for lunch. I felt better but I was still weak and sweating about an hour later as I walked through the mall in Columbia. I ended up in Wegman's buying a 32-ounce green juice that I drank in three our four gulps. I continued to drink water, run to the bathroom at every stop and handle all of my errands. I did well.
On day seven I also decided to cook for The Man. I'd realized that I had not cooked for him in over a week and I didn't know what he was eating. His favorite food is red beans and rice, I paired that with a roasted chicken and was going to make a broccoli slaw salad. I knew I was strong enough to make the food and not eat because I am READY to complete this 30 day fast! I cooked and all went well. I did taste the water for the rice to ensure that I had the right amount of seasonings. The water was damn good!
The Man enjoyed his home cooked meal and I enjoyed my papaya, guava and sour sap (my least favorite one) juice for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment