Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day One

Today was the first day of my new diet. I've been down this road before so I know what I'm supposed to be doing and how I'm supposed to do it. But I still struggle with doing it.

Yesterday I did something I said I would never do again. I went to a diet doctor for prescription appetite suppressants. I sat through an hour long "diet orientation" with the doctor where he explained how we gain weight and what we need to do to lose it-- all of the things I already knew but seldom practiced. He gave me a 1200 calorie diet, instructed me to walk 30 mins a day-- no more-- no less, and advised me not to drink any carbonated beverages. My blood pressure, height and weight were taken. I received 14 appetite pills (phendimetrazine) and 2 water pills and was instructed to return a week later. Before walking out of the office I promised myself that I would follow the program and make this the last time I would embark on a weight loss journey.

Breakfast
3/4 cup of corn flakes with skim milk
small cup of blueberries/strawberries/ black berries and cantaloupe topped with almond slivers
1 hard boiled egg

Lunch
Smart Ones frozen dinner
cup of yogurt and berries

Dinner
2 pieces of grilled chicken
string beans
1/2 biscuit

I took the first pill before lunch and the second pill before dinner. I don't feel like I've taken anything so that's good. I'm not wired up or dizzy; I like this new diet pill. Overall day one of my diet went very well. Initially, I was feeling so lazy that I wasn't going to walk outside for 30 mins. I was going to walk in the house with the DVD. But I decided that I really needed to walk outside because the walk would mark the beginning of my new journey. I walked with my dog, Alfreda for about 40 mins this evening before dinner. Right now it's after midnight and I should be in bed but I figured that beginning this Blog will help me continue and hopefully keep me focused on this journey. I'm hopeful and very excited.

Weight 5/17/2009- 244.6 lbs

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Girl! Jaime is doing it now with Weight Watchers and she lost 11 pounds. Congrats Jaime!!! We all can do it!!

    I hope all of you will join me and post update us on your journey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! You’re my inspiration. I need to follow in you footsteps.

    ReplyDelete